Monday 24 March 2014

MAC ~ Lady Danger



Lipstick // Lip Pencil
Not this weekend just gone but the weekend before my friend and I took a trip to Southampton. As you may or may not know I live on the Isle of Wight, which is somewhat lacking in shops. So if you want a good old shopping spree Southampton or Portsmouth are the places to go!! We ventured to West Quay with a idea of what we sort of wanted to look for but of course that all goes out the window and you decide you need every single item you see!!

One thing that was on my list however was Mac. I've lusted after Mac products for a while (as well as other high end make up brands) but have never actually gave in and tried it. I've always been a high street girl but I have often longed for high end make up but I can't usually bring myself to part with my money (it's a different story when it  comes to clothes though).

So we headed for John Lewis and I approached one of the assistants at the Mac counter. I originally went looking for a lipstick and she asked me my shade preference to which I said I like orangey red colours. She came back with three different shades and I chose my favourite (lady danger). I applied it and it was wonderful. Even though it was a matte finish it glided across my lips so well, I even had a little dry bit on my lips which it didn't enhance it almost just covered it up! The colour was fantastic too the perfect colour for what I had describe it's not quite orange but it's not quite red it has a lovely balance of both tones! Everyone in the shop said how good it looked! I'm so impressed with the product and it lasts really well too. I've worn it a couple of times now & I only have to top it up after I've had something to eat or drink! The Mac lady also paired it up with a Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in the colour 'What a Blast' these shades work together perfectly. I must admit I never used to use a lip pencil but after seeing the difference it makes I'm definitely going to make more of an effort.

As it was my first trip in to Mac I didn't just stop at the Lipstick and pencil, the Mac lady used some foundation on my friend as that is what she was looking for, as well as some other products, which of course I couldn't pass up the chance to try out too!! So £100 later (I may have got a bit carried away) I came out of there with a whole new face! I may have lost all reasoning and self control but I just couldn't help it! I must admit it was probably down to the fact that she was a professional make up artist, I could never recreate the look she gave me at home but I fell for it anyway! I do love what I got though and for my first high end make up shop I'd say it was a success... my purse and bank may not agree though!!


11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's my new favourite! I love orangey red shades.. great for spring & summer too!! xx

      Delete
  2. This looks gorgeous on you! I don't think I'm brave enough for this shade yet but you really suit it :D
    Bea x
    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much!

      Go on be brave, I'm sure you'll look beautiful! :)

      xx

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely post!
    I have tagged you to do the Liebster Award, more details here http://lsslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/the-liebster-award.html?m=1
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Ah cool, I'll check it out ta! Xx

      Delete
  4. This is a really pretty colour on you!

    Nicola // pink-confetti.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a beautiful colour! MAC lipsticks are the best I've never tried one that I didn't like, would love if you could check out my blog! X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm definitely won over! The first of many I think :)

      Sure, I'll check it out :)

      xx

      Delete
  6. This is SO nice and it really suites you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous colour isn't it! Thank you :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one! :)