Monday 17 February 2014

Love is in the air!

So this weekend just gone, as you are all aware (unless you were hiding under a rock) was valentines day! Yep that day where everyone who's single cry's about being alone forever and all those who are in a relationship make everyone else sick with lots of lovey dovey posts on all their social network sites.

Last year I posted about valentines day where Max cooked me a scrummy three course meal. You can read all about it here. This year however the tables were turned and it was my turn to try the chefs hat, roll up my sleeves and cook up a storm. That was certainly what happened.

Now I'm a fussy eater so although I could think of loads of dishes Max would like my taste buds somewhat limited our menu choice.

For starters I made my own stuffed mushrooms. These were stuffed with Philadelphia, Boursin, garlic and onions and topped with grated cheese and breadcrumbs. They were delicious!


For our second course I decided to make BBQ chicken (a winner all round) this was topped with bacon and mozzarella, accompanied with heart shaped potatoes and asparagus... because what's a valentines meal without and aphrodisiac right?! ;) 


Finally what says I love you more that a heart shaped (kind of) chocolate covered strawberry. I sprayed this with gold and decorated with mini marshmallows. We also had some hot dipping chocolate with the left over strawberries. Divine.   

Max was in charge of the drinks and he decided to make us some cocktails, opting for sex on the beach as he knows its my favourite. We had a lovely evening!! I hope you did too? 


2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one! :)