Thursday 28 February 2013

Fun & Frolics in Belgium!

During half term my friend Alex and I took a trip to Belgium!! We wanted to go out and see our friend Olga who is out there for work experience. We stayed for 3 nights as we couldn't really afford much more... it was a little expensive as we both have to go during half term due to working in a school!! The hotel we stayed in was in a fantastic location and was really simplistic and modern, so great value for money! Olga took us to lots of nice places, we had some delicious meals and tasty treats as well as spending some evenings in a few bars.... I even got up to sing karaoke in an Irish bar.... *cringe*!! Alex and I didn't really expect much from Belgium to begin with as Olga hadn't really sold it to us, but we were pleasantly surprised and had lots of fun!! :)

On our first night we has a delicious Thai, I had a Thai green curry which was amazing and came in this little contraption with a candle underneath, so authentic!!


 In Belgium they are VERY big bear drinkers and this didn't bode well for me as I hate beer, I'm so fussy with my alcohol. Instead I settled for a Cecemel, which is basically chocolate milk, or hot chocolate if you have it warm like I did. It was awesome!!


 Amazingly tasty savoury waffles!!

We visited the parliamentarium and a big cathedral!!


  
And on Our last night we went to an Irish bar and had a cheeky bit of Karaoke!! :)


11 comments:

  1. Love your blog!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had an awesome time, and those waffles look amazing!

    Great blog

    B x

    I'd love it if you took a look at my blog and entered my international giveaway here!: RebeccaRuby - A lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great! Yeah those waffles were so nice!! Could have a couple more though lol! Xx

      Delete
  3. Thank you that's very kind of you :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great photos! You look so happy! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos, checkout my blog at
    http://definingwords.blogspot.com/2013/03/coal.html
    feel free to leave a comment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food looks delicious! Love the cathedral you visited, I'm a new reader to your blog, love your posts!

    http://caravanofbeads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this blog post and thank for information about

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one! :)